Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:32:03 -0400
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Painting my 83.5 Westy
Comments: To: "Roy O." <keepsake@PANGEA.CA>

Thanks for the tips. I intend to do my own preping before I hand it over to them. A couple of places you mentioned I did not think of and they are now on the list. I was thinking about having the job done like you did (from the drip rails down) as the paint above the rails seems in fair shape. But I cant help but think that several months from now when the work is done I will wish I had pulled the top. Looking at the job from this side though......... What will probably happen is that I will deside to leave the top on and then start the prep job. While I am preping it I will be constantly bothered with the thought that I really should "do the job right" and pull the top. My lazy side will resist the idea until the day before I actually give them the van. At that time I will give in to my "better angles" and grab a wrench.

----- Original Message ----- From: Roy O. <keepsake@PANGEA.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 11:16 PM Subject: Re: Painting my 83.5 Westy