Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:40:47 -0400
From:         Dick & Janette Smith <varieze@ASCENT.NET>
Subject:      Re: wiring trailer lights
Comments: To: "Karl F. Bloss" <bloss@ENTER.NET>

One method that I've used with success is to go to the area that you intend to tap into and open the wire bundle. Then take a muti-meter or 12vdc bulb in a pigtail with clip leads and hook one lead to ground and then take a small straight pin and insert it into each wire one at a time attaching the other lead to it. Now go thru a sequence of parking lites, brake lites, turn signals and see what each wire lites. The small holes made by the pin are usually self healing and then you should rewrap bundle area that you tapped into after your connections are made.

Dick & Janette Smith North Country People 85 Westfalia "Sally Ann"

"No man, nor woman, may step twice in the same river." ----- Original Message ----- From: Karl F. Bloss <bloss@ENTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, August 13, 1999 6:55 PM Subject: wiring trailer lights