Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:22:10 -0700
From:         A & C Grobey <alien1@JPS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Trip report and Vanagon impressions

David, do you have electric locks? It could be different on your Wolfsburg, but on my Carat, there are two settings for the back hatch lock. In one location (vertical), the hatch locks and unlocks with the rest of the vans locks. In the other setting (45 degrees of vertical), it works independently of the other locks.

I always use the vertical position so that when the whole van is unlocked, I only have to push the button in to release the hatch. I only have trouble with the hatch when my wife tries to open it and use the key when it is not needed!

Alan Grobey '91 Carat Sherwood, OR