Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:59:34 -0400
From:         Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>
Subject:      Westfalia Propane Regulator

Good evening or morning, Gothcas,

I had the propane tank purged and filled today after a month rehab of the tank and valves. I fit the regulator this evening, and was set to adjust the pressure (with my handy clear vinyl tube and water gauge).

Unfortunately, it appears my regulator is ill. I am hoping for a diagnosis/recommendation.

I have an (apparently) original rectangular, 1982 Marshal Brass Model 260 two stage regulator. It holds 11" nicely. At the base of the first stage, however, there is a small hole, (1.5mm x 1.5mm). when I turn the gas on, and block the outflow (as it would normally be under most conditions on the van), a fair quantity of gas hisses out of that tiny hole on the regulator. It is more than a cigarette lighter, but less than a stove burner.

The tank is full (3 gallons), and is sitting upright (top side is top). I have tried turning the gas on and off a few times, both with the out flow blocked, and with free flowing gas. I can hear a clicking inside the regulator, but not much change n the quantity of the hissing out gas.

Other than the adjusting screw, this thing doesn't look too 'user serviceable'. Anybody know the story on the Model 260 regulator?

Thanks for the help...

G. Matthew Bulley Bulley-Hewlett & Associates www.bulley-hewlett.com Cary, NC USA 888.468.4880 tollfree