Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:17:57 EDT
From:         Jonathan Clay <Jonyqest22@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Tranny....or...

hey everyone, Nice to hear from ya'll again....I was starting to get these weird twitches...... Anyway....I have a problem...first a little background. I have an 88 gl and have had no real probs with....a few relays,brakes. ya da ya da ....Nothing major. My tranny has never popped out of gear....grinded gor a bit only because my clutch m.c. was leaking...fixed and no grinding. When i bought this van and had her checked out the shifter vibrated...and it was only a missing bolt between the frond and rear shifter rods.....now my problem (?) THe other day i was on my way to hartford.....been traveling all morning no probs.....then come bratelboro vt I was going about 40 - 42 as i started on the off ramp when i decided to down shift to third, its a really sharp off ramp, hate to feel the van slide, anyway nothing out of thordinary........then it happened...I heard a slight but not overbearing thunk....best i could do.....and from then I i just glided to the mobil station which was conveniently located at the end of the ramp. Now .....as far as i can tell....the grear most diff. to get into is 3 @ 4, one and two most of the time work, along with reverse. However after getting out of 3 @ 4 , they (1@ 2) are usually mildly diff. 3@ 4 are the most diff..it seems like something is blocking their function......I can still get them into gear (drove it back sing all gears, no strang occurance/sounds)....it just diff some times. So my question is does this sound like a trannny prob or just linkage somewhere. I am looking at it this am,,,,got my bently....just trying to get some background info to help me on my way.

any ifo will be much appre. jon 88 gl