Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:50:41 -0700
From:         Todd Lund <westy4us@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: New England's Syncro Westfalias

I live North of Chicago and call the owner of the 88 Westfalia with "571 miles". The gentlemen was very rude on the phone he said that it was his fathers who is or was a VW collector it had been up on blocks for years, is what he told me. As I said he was very rude, I asked him the price and he said he wanted to get around the sticker price. I had an Idea of what the sticker was but I asked him any way, "so what did they sell for back in 88", he said $26,000 at that point I was totally turned off. I did not call him on the price, I now they sold for about $20,000. I said that is to much for us and told him thanks but no thanks. That was almost a month ago and it is still up for sale. I hope he chokes on it. I do not think there is any way he will get that kind of money for a 11 yrs old van there is not even any warranty. What if the motor blows at 1500 miles. Any way we found an 88 with only 59,162 miles on it in West Chicago. How lucky are we?

Thats all, Todd ---

"Alan J. Flint" <ajflint@ITSA.UCSF.EDU> wrote: > List: > I have seen most of the Syncro Westfalia's > currently for sale in > New England - but not this one. I would be happy > to give anyone my > impressions of the ones I have seen. > Also, has anyone seen the Westfalia in > Chicago with 500-something > original miles? I spoke with one of the sellers and > apparently it's for > real. Non-syncro, AT. > > Alan. > Syncro Westfalia wanted - condition important > '98 A4 2.8 > '81 VW PU > '73 914 2.0 > > On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Joel > Cort wrote: > > > Here is the EP ad: > > > > 1990 Syncro Westfalia may be able to deliver - > > depending on where you live. > > > > Ad By: Mark (ID 167090) > > Location: Raymond, New Hampshire > > Category: Vans > > Price: $16500 > > > > I have a 1990 Syncro Westfalia for sale. Burgundy, > > fully optioned and in excellent condition. The > > original owner installed a VW Corrado super > charger > > engine in it. > > Vehicle miles are 114,000, engine miles > > approximately 90,000. Features and add > > ons include: Power everything, remote keyless > > entry and alarm, dual batteries with > > solar charger, stainless steel muffler, > Macintosh > > CD player, car cover, bra. Recently > > replaced timing belt and other belts, solar > > panel, battery, brakes and flushed > > radiator. Asking $16,500. Contact me at > > Mark_will@bigfoot.com or (603) 895 3270. > > May be able to deliver. > > > > --- Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA> > wrote: > > > Saw this on Epage today. Call them NOT me. > > > malcolm s > > > > > > 1) URL: http://ep.com/ep/mi.html?ad=283317 > > > > > > Summary: 1990 Syncro Westfalia may be able to > > > deliver - depending on > > > where you live. (Raymond, New Hampshire) > > > > > > > > _________________________________________________________ > > Do You Yahoo!? > > Get your free @yahoo.com address at > http://mail.yahoo.com > > >