Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Aug 1999 19:41:19 -0400
From:         L&A Johnson <larry_avery.johnson@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: More fridge help needed.
Comments: To: "Groff, Montgomery" <Montgomery.Groff@ECHOSTAR.COM>

Groff, Here is how I fashioned a "gauge" with a 6 foot piece of clear plastic tubing:

Turn the propane valve OFF. Unscrew the propane line to your fridge. Attach the tubing to the propane line and clamp. Shape the plastic tubing in "U" loop with at least 2 feet on each arm of the "U". Add water to the tubing so that the bottom of the "U" is filled. Hold a towel over the open end of the tubing (in case of water spills). Check that you have NO OPEN FLAMES and NO SPARKS etc. Have someone else turn the propane valve ON. Measure the height difference of the water in the tube. It should be 11 inches.

Have someone else turn the propane valve OFF.

It worked for me. Larry