Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:20:24 -0400
From:         Jim Cain <jcain@ATL.MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Long ] Bought tires (WAS: Field-scouting Tires)
Comments: To: "Tyrone L. Greene" <macpine@EARTHLINK.NET>

Saw your address and thought I would say hello.

My mom and brother live in Tavernier, mm90, down Plantation Ave toward the bay from Tavernier Marina. He is on terranova.net, a local Internet service provider. Is Earthlink a local call for you? We are on mindspring and when we visit, we call Miami from Tavernier at $.25 a call and connect at 50,000+ every time.

Spent a month there in Jan, and later two weeks in Mar. (I retired last year. We have little money, but lots of time, and a stay at mom's is cheap!) Actually, it was our shake down cruise in our 85 Westy that we bought in Feb in Atlanta where we live. It went well so we went to Texas, my wife's home state, for 7 weeks in April-May.

Will be in Tavernier next week to help my brother oversee the installation of a new dock at my mom's place. We will have some time on our hands so we may drive around a bit. I'll keep a look out for the ocassional VW bus. What color are yours, so I'll know if it is you? I will not be driving the Westy, since I will not be camping and I need to go cheap. I'll take my wife's 86 Celica at 39 mpg.

Have another friend on RamRod Key. Drives a supply boat out of Key West to Ft Jefferson for the National Park Service.

Take care,

Jim Cain, 85 Westy, Herbie in Atlanta