Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:11:51 -0700
From:         David Snyder <dsnyder@GOODNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: [DIESEL] Reinhardt Saga (long)
Comments: To: Southard <southard@gis.net>,
          "Diesel VW List (E-mail)" <diesel@vwfans.com>

Parts Place in Michigan lists a 1.9 Turbo Diesel Longblock for $2,295 Phone number is 888 432-3548 to order or 248 373-2300 to ask questions. They seem to be expensive but they sure have a lot of stuff in their catalog. Just to give you and idea, when I had my NA 1.6 diesel rebuilt by SIR International, I shipped it from Arizona to California and they shipped it back rebuilt for under $1200. Parts place lists rebuilt NA 1.6 diesels for $1695 before shipping. So.... cheaper ones are out there, just where???? And remember, there's no replacement for displacement. You might have to upgrade Reinhardt's radiator for the 1.9.

Good Luck.

Dave -----Original Message----- From: Southard <southard@gis.net> To: Diesel VW List (E-mail) <diesel@vwfans.com>; Vanagon List (E-mail) <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Date: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 6:09 PM Subject: [DIESEL] Reinhardt Saga (long)