Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:35:58 -0700
From:         Jeff and Deb <jeffndeb@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: coolant pipe
Comments: To: Darrell Boehler <midwesty@midwest.net>

Hi Darrel, Thanks for the prompt reply. My Bentley manual only covers to 1985, so probably I have misstated something. I just looked at the pipe again. Here is a more complete description. It is located on the driver side of the engine compartment. It connects to what I assume is the coolant pump with a flange, and also has a smaller "t" leading from the coolant pressure tank. It passes down and runs parallel to the driver side valve cover gasket (toward the front of the engine compartment). It then leads up to a 6" piece of coolant hose, and that rubber hose leads into a housing that has four bolts on it (again I was assuming that this was the thermostat). It then disappears into the forward area of the engine compartment. There is another "t" that is connected to the pipe just before it discharges into that 6 " piece of hose. So it isn't exactly an "s" shape more like a "c" shape starting horizontally and ending vertically. I apologize for my ignorance here, and should have probably called it the "mystery coolant pipe".

I hope it is appropriate to address this to the whole list.

Thanks again Jeff Hartman -----Original Message----- From: Darrell Boehler <midwesty@midwest.net> To: Jeff and Deb <jeffndeb@GCI.NET> Date: Sunday, August 15, 1999 1:06 PM Subject: Re: coolant pipe