Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:17:53 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes57@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bad Mechanic
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@ROADRUNNER.COM>

I would be willing to bet that an adjustment of the linkage to compensate for bushing wear would have fixed the first gear problem. First and second gear selection is not exactly in line and the shifter on the transmission needs to be pushed in just a little bit further to get first to engage easily. Sometimes, simply loosening the bushing mount on the Trans and pushing it closer will take care of this problem.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: John Rodgers <inua@ROADRUNNER.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 4:00 PM Subject: Re: Bad Mechanic