Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Aug 1999 09:30:33 -0600
From:         john silverman <jsilver@AROS.NET>
Subject:      gas leak from filler

Last 2 time I filled up Vyk ('90 Syncro Westy), after driving for a while I noticed a gassy smell by the right rear. Well, the other day I noted that some of the mud caked on the filler pipe that you can see in the wheel well (looking up w/ head next to tire) was damp w/ gas. Is this a problem with th filler tube? the vent lines? or the (please please no) gas tank? If I don't fill the tank all the way to autostop, will this problem cease to be an immediate issue ( I would assume so, as when the tank is not full, it doesn't smell).

What's the next step in diagnosing/ attempting repair?

Thanks... John 90 syncro gl camper SLC