Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:42:57 -0400
From:         John Hurley <hurley@ACX.COM>
Subject:      Eberspacher Heaters.

Date: 08/27/1999 09:20 am (Friday) From: John Hurley To: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Eberspacher Heaters.

Hello all,

Many of you offered your $0.02 a while back when i was looking for heaters and i've since purchased and installed an Eberspacher DIL Diesel heater.

I've put together a spreadsheet with all the heater options out there if any one is interested in specs. vs. cost vs. fuel type etc. All you need to know about the latest heater options. (does not include old models.)

I've installed mine under the rear seat, however if you desire it could easily be tucked into the space where the 120VAC wiring is. It is an on/off 1 speed (hot!!) type control. Either a simple toggle can control it or more sofisticated timers and thermostats are available. I purchased a used remote thermostat / power switch (EBERSPACHER) for $30 and it works\looks great. If anyone is interested in a heater, there are 4 more used DIL diesel heaters available. They are selling for 450-475 and are well worth it. These heaters are in New England area and will be rebuilt when i place the order. ( my heater looks brand new, practically everything replaced.) They are then bench tested before leaving. Service on the heater is available if anything should go wrong. I could pick up and ship the units to anyone that is interested. This guy repairs the heaters on the side, and has a passion for them. These are the simplest of the heaters he repairs, and he knows a lot about them. He was extremely helpful when after installing the heater i couldn't get it to stay running. I called him at home, told him it shut off in approx. 20 seconds and he immediately new what was wrong. Voltage drop problem which required heavier gauge wire to fix. He later called me back to see how i was doing!