Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Aug 1999 05:34:51 -0700
From:         Debi Webi <mtngal@SIERRATEL.COM>
Subject:      Re: California Gas Prices... Sounding off.
Comments: To: "Michael S. Nichols" <msnichols@MINDSPRING.COM>

Michael & all,

I live in a small tourist town...

< pouring a cup of fresh coffee, would you like a cup?>

The Gate way to YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK. I'm guessing they hike the gas prices for the tourists. One small problem, I live here. Our cheap Chevron gas is $1.79 per gallon and premium is $1.99 Did I mention it's 30 miles to the nearest city? The city of Fresno is 75 miles away, it was featured on the Channel47 news tonight as having the cheapest gas (a Beacon station) in the area @ $1.49 per gallon

<sipping coffee, oh that's hot>

Don't think we don't have our share of pollution here, we do. With the pollution problem and the 3+ million tourists that visit the area per year, not to mention our friends from this Vanagon list that have paid me a visit. :0)

Back to the point of GASOLINE... The tourists go home- the smog stays. The gas prices stay, too. I'll trade you your smog for ours if we can trade gas prices, too... Do we have a deal??

Mtngal

----- Original Message ----- From: Michael S. Nichols <msnichols@MINDSPRING.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 4:31 AM Subject: Re: California Gas Prices

| Good morning from Atlanta, Ga., the land of $1.05 per gal regular gas and | the city sometimes referred to as "L.A. East". Cheaper gas? Sure! It is | a wonderful thing here in Atlanta! We have a five month smog season from | May 1st through September 30! The air quality since May 1st has ranged | from "Unhealthy for Sensitive People" to "Unhealthy". The intown roadways | are almost always snarled, a haze hovers over our skyline, and we are asked | to ride bikes (in the unhealthy air) to ease pollution and congestion. | But, gas sure is "cheap" here!!! | So, to those in the beautiful state of California, I ask you, no, caution | you, to think carefully about the so-called advantages of the oxymoron | "cheap gasoline". |