Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:52:10 -0400
From:         karl <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: I need advice (a warning note)

NO FLAMES INTENDED!! But, one word of warning with the AVP engines! One I installed for a customer blew BOTH head gaskets in 500 miles, due to AVP using the wrong type sealant on the gasket surfaces. If you get one from them, do request that they use ONLY the sealant that comes with the Elring gaskets. If they argue, ask them if they will pay the tow and total bill when the gaskets blow? ( My customer's van has been fine since I did the gaskets over correctly.)

Karl

----- Original Message ----- From: <KENWILFY@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 1:29 PM Subject: Re: I need advice