Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:49:28 -0400
From:         Scarlett Semko <damosem@MAIL.MCO.BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Importing a Vehicle from Germany to the States. (was Detlev S
              ays Hi to List from Germany!)
Comments: To: "von Clemm, Peter" <pvc@MIPS.COM>

Well,

I can tell ya this much, as a sales manager for a large RV dealership (actually the company owns 5 dealerships) in central Florida. I sell quite a few older RV's (he only wants to spend $15,000, each, dosen't care what year they are, or how many miles are on the odometer, but they must be less than 30 feet long, and diesels are a premium. to a fella from the UK, who tells me he sells them to dealers in, of all places Spain. Go Figure? He buyes, or wants to buy, if I have them, 10 per month. Apparently he wholesales them to dealers. Probably keeps a few for himself to retail (more profit). He's been known to buy some real dogs, so it's obviously fixing them up. Must be a very good market in Europe for American RV's. I do know from many Europeans who visit this mouse trap for people (Orlando), that they go all gooo goooo eyes for our RV's. They take pictures, and load up on brochures, and spen whole days at our dealerships just looking.

He's not my only European buyer, but he is my most frequent buyer. And as a side note he loads them up with, get this, toasters, TV's, radio's, iron's, and who knows what else before he takes them to the docks. Say's he pays for the shipping and makes a profit, on the what nots he's loaded in the RV's. Go Figure.

Life, it's what happens when your waiting for something to happen.

Ron Semko Orlando, Florida 1984 Vanagon with 200,000 plus miles, and a spare in the garage. Yea, and I have a Benz too, but just for sales meeting, I promise (and an occasional night out maybeee, and well, you get the idea), but nobody is gonna get me to give up my Van I just love to pull up to valet parking with it, God how I love the lok on their faces.

ps Ok, I'll be blatent about this once, I've never mentioned this before, and I've been on the list for years, one of the many lines we carry is the Rialta. Any list member who wants one will get a very, very good deal from me, I promise.