Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:16:27 -0400
From:         "Karl F. Bloss" <bloss@ENTER.NET>
Subject:      valet parking /F

I don't think I ever have to worry about valet parking with the Vanagon. We don't take the Vanagon when we go to places like that. Heck, we don't go to places like that, period. :-) But it does remind me of the last question in the "should you own a VW bus" quiz, as found on my web page, (D) being of course the answer for our bus:

10. A somewhat irresponsible family member asks to borrow your car. You: A. Are a little nervous, but know that at least the car's advanced safety features will protect the driver even in the case of an accident. That way you can savor the pleasure of the kill yourself. B. Suddenly remember that you've entered the Atascadero Porcupine Grooming Contest that weekend and that you need the car to bring along your quill-removal gear. C. Spend half an hour explaining the Ying and Yang of Bus Driving, the philosophy of Belligerent Defensive Driving with No Crash Protection, how your butt drops out from under you during panic stops, how it only SEEMS like you are going to tip over as you go around corners, and how you really don't think it's a good idea for people who have never driven a Bus to start now, because of the current political situation downtown and the alignment of Jupiter with Mars. D. Spend half an hour going over the details, like how to start the car on the first three tries (using the switch that feeds the that extra 10 gauge wire), how to keep it running without stalling until it warms up, and how the headlight switch operates the backup lights, the bass button on the radio works the parking lights and the heater fan, the rear defroster switch works the high beams, and of course, the heater box that is still broken even after you changed the spark plugs so be sure to bring a jacket and a towel to wipe the condensation off the inside of the windshield. Oh, and don't forget NOT to push in the cigarette lighter. You don't want to know what happens if you do that.

---