Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:39:12 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall...

> Tonight at the local Walmart we pulled into the > parking lot and saw a late model, Vanagon GL that looked > like a mirror image of our own '91 burgandy Carat Vanagon. > My wife was driving and thought it was a great joke to park > right next to the other van. I secretly hoped > that we could meet the owners of the other van.

A couple of years ago, someone on the Type 2 list (or was it still the combined list at the time?) wrote that he saw a split-window bus just like his in a shopping center parking lot, and decided to park next to it just for fun. When he came back, the other splitty was gone. So were various lenses and other minor bits off of his bus that the other one had been missing. For some reason I never forgot that post; it really bugged me. I think it was the rare exception, though. I've dealt with hundreds and hundreds of VW owners, and been knowingly ripped off by only three of them. Not bad odds when dealing with such a large number of total strangers, if you ask me.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. http://www.busdepot.com