Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:06:48 -0400
From:         William Dummitt <williamd@COMPUSERVE.COM>
Subject:      2 cheap syncros fs

Once again I've bitten off more projects than I can chew and am willing to let one or both of these syncros go cheap. (location St. Louis MO, I'll

be at Buses by the Arch)

1- 87 flash silver. Was running fine when I bought it, though with low oil pressure. Also has the dreaded 3/4 slider problem with the tranny, hence

no 4th gear. No fuel injection problems, no driveline vibration. I'm now in the process of dropping the engine and tranny. Nice flash silver body, minor seam rust, pretty good whack to sliding door. Clean interior. Diff lock. Priced less than the engine and tranny cores are worth- $1000 for

the complete van.

2- 86 bronze. Good mechanical condition, including a freshly rebuilt syncro tranny. No fuel injection or driveline problems. Close to 200K but had a complete shortblock at 98k. Body is rusty and dented. Priced barely above the value of the tranny- $3000.

My plan was to swap the engine/tranny from one to the other, then part out the remainder. But as anyone who knows me is aware, I have too many projects and need space. Will sell one or both. Call for details, 314-918-0720 eves and weekends, 314-539-1406 weekdays 8-5 CST.

Bill