Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:49:37 -0400
From:         "James R. Wetzel" <jrwetz@BELLATLANTIC.NET>
Subject:      Re: New York State Motor Smoker Law
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@IBM.NET>

> At 15:06 9/2/99 , Tonya Pope wrote: >No - lousy drivers are.

No - lousy police are. Isn't it amazing that every once in a while you come across a town or a section of town where everyone does the speed limit, no one runs stops signs, and everyone follows the rules? This is because the police systematically enforce the driving laws in that area. I grew up in a town where you did not even attempt to do what I see on a daily basis on the Philadelphia area. I guess that the cops are too busy chasing the drug dealers (a.k.a. Donut shops).

People push the limits until the laws are enforced, period. I was just down in Cedar Park, Texas and I was amazed at the number of people following the speed limit. They are so serious about speeding there that they have forward and rearward mounted radar guns. No one pulls they daily bullshit I see here.

Most of the losers I see running stop signs around here (Philly) are a bunch of limp dick yuppies on their cell phones thinking they are slick by running the stop sign. Watched this the other day as CEO Dickweed got plowed in his GS300 while running a stop sign. Boy was it nice to kindly pull over and provide some insight to the police just how smart this douchebag was.

End soapbox.