Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Sep 1999 15:12:46 +0100
From:         Martin Laycock <m.laycock@STRATH.AC.UK>
Subject:      Re: Trip Glasgow to Strasbourg
Comments: To: Pete Cassidy <pcassidy@apple.com>

At 2:00 pm -0700 2/9/99, Pete Cassidy wrote: >Martin Laycock said: > >>Since I enjoy reading trip reports rather than fault reports here's mine. >> >>Our 82 2L air-cooled hi-top camper has just 'transported' us on a four week >>adventure down though Britain and across northern France to the Alsace >>region. We went via the channel tunnel and stayed at about ten different >>camp sights over the four weeks. One site for a week and others for one or >>two nights. > >[snip] > >Sounds like an excellent trip, Martin. We're returning home to Ireland >in January & are bringing our LHD Californian 88' Wolfsburg with us. >It's good to hear that the 1.5 year-old liked the trip, as ours is 9mths >old now. We're thinking of Rosslare-Fishguard-Dover (via Malvern & a few >other nice spots). Thanks for the tip on the Michelin guide. I've heard >also that dining at Les Routiers (truck stops) is the best for travellers. >Is this true?

I have no personal experience of these stops but I suppose if you are on the move and want a quick overnight with no frills then they will be fine. Our problem is that now our daughter is nearly 5 yrs she 'needs' a swing park and likes a swim. We also had to make some unplanned trips to some theme parks while we were away just to keep her face straight. As your 1.5 year-old grows up be aware that their needs change very quickly! I now I sound like some old fart but be warned. A 4 year-old having a tantrum in a camper is NO fun.

Good luck Martin