Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Sep 1999 13:59:00 -0600
From:         "BILL V." <billv2@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Digijet ecu failures --- Help !
Comments: To: Mark Fisher <mfisher@SCU.EDU.AU>

Often times there is the proprietary issue. Component manufacturers make components for various systems for various manufacturers that are not available to techs and engineers unless you work for the proprietary manufacturing company. If you can find the specs of these components then you can find a close cross reference otherwise you are at their mercy. A .65 component can cost you $75 + dollars. I speak from many years of experience working with specialzed equipment.

Bill V. "I'd Rather Be Hiking The '82 CA Westy [FreeBird] Greater Yellowstone" "Famous Potatoes"