Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Sep 1999 12:53:23 -0700
From:         Coby Smolens <cobys@WELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sticking Accelerator cable
Comments: To: "Elkavitch, Michael and Diana" <elks@TOP.MONAD.NET>

Most likely suspect is the cable itself. Pull the thing all the way out and check it - could be there is a frayed section and the loose strands are binding in the sleeve.

OR - Anyone done any brake work lately? We just fixed this problem on a Syncro van, someone had routed a handbrake cable OVER the accelerator cable and it had pule the cable down and would cause it to jam like this.

OR - The linkage in the front could be out of kilter. Try to get the thing stuck (engine off) and while it's jammed get under the van with a flashlight, pull off the cover and check it out.

Coby Smolens, Owner Valley Wagonworks "Intimately acquainted with VW Vans since 1959" 1535 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. San Anselmo, CA 94960 Phone: (415) 457-5628 Fax: (415) 457-0967 http//:wagonworks.com mailto:contact@wagonworks.com