Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Sep 1999 07:42:23 -0600
From:         Zach Daudert <zdaudert@PEOPLEPRODUCTIONS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Advice on buying

Hey thanks to everyone for responding about the '85 Westy......

I've decided to have it taken into a shop today and looked over. I figure for the $60 i'm a lot safer and it might give me more price barganing power.

The concensous it that $6000 is too much for the car. I'm in Boulder, Colorado, so these campers are pretty popular - i'd guess there are a lot of buyers. There was a $5800 '85 at a used car dealership that sold in less than a day; before I could look at it (now you all know where to come if you ever need to unload your Westy). A few people were concerned about the tent tears; they're really minor (small). I've replaced the tent in my '71 Westy and don't want that hassle again for sure.

I've looked at other 85's around here and was NOT impressed at all. One that was selling for $5500 had lots of rust, seemed like the propane system was not working, and other wierd things.

Anyway I'm off to take her to the shop. I'll let the list know how that goes. This has been extremely helpful; I certainly didn't think about a lot of the issues that were mentioned to me. Now i'm really confused! I'll check my mail at work all day before I talk to the seller tonight.

Thanks

Zach