Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Sep 1999 08:11:27 -0700
From:         Scott Fraser <kn6f@DOLPHINSCI.COM>
Subject:      Don't Do Business w/Todd Hill, Volkswerks Transaxles

Per instructions requested and received from Tom Carrington, I am posting this to this list. Since I posted this on a number of bus lists on Saturday, a number of additional people have come out of the woodwork essentially saying "I thought I was the only one, Todd is such a nice guy, but he got me too."

I am posting this 1. To provide a warning for all those considering doing business with Todd Hill of Volkswerks Transaxles. 2. As a last resort, 3. With great regret.

I attempted to get a transaxle from Todd. After 181 days, and not receiving a transaxle and the deposit check of $300 being long cashed, I

canceled my order with Todd. He agreed that would be best for both of us

and would send me the deposit back. It is now September 4th, 1999 and to

date, I have not received a penny back.

I know that now that I have posted this, I can most likely kiss my $300 goodbye, but at least nobody else will follow me down the same abyss.

I have put together a history of my dealings with Todd that I hope should show that I have been reasonable in dealing with him. Maybe too reasonable.

It now comes to my attention that I may be one of at least four people that have been taken/strung on by Todd.

Rather than post the entire story to the list, I have posted it to: http://www.dolphinsci.com/toddhill.html

For those of you that say, give Todd a chance, my response is please reread the history posted in the link above.

For those of you that might think that I have not presented the 'entire'

story, the messages that I left out were those that had nothing to do with the transmission and were of more one on one nature. I left out words of encouragement when he was down about the family health, comments about my type IV conversion project, mention that I was leaving

for vacation, when I'd be back and also touching base while on vacation. I left out the general email chatter between vdubbers. Stuff

that has no bearing on the transaxle, but is similar to that you would send any other "vw buddy". Anything that had bearing on the transaxle is included in the history list. At the end where I started getting angry, those messages are included, word for word. There are no raging messages withheld. I have put everything out there for all to see.

Please read it, be advised and feel free to send comments to me.

I sent Todd an advance copy of this on Friday 9/3/99 and notice that it would be sent out today (9/4/99), and have yet to receive a response.

I do not like airing dirty laundry like this, but it has come to the point to warn my fellow vdub nuts about a vendor that is not honoring minimal business standards.

Regretfully,

Scott Fraser