Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Sep 1999 13:32:00 -0500
From:         Wade Ebert <monster51@SPRINGNET1.COM>
Subject:      Re: Seams
Comments: To: EMZ <vw4x4@fyi.net>

Oh geez! a grinder! oh well, you may be better off doing it yourself. be careful of those isocyanates, wear a breather. When you say "sandblasting" I trust that you were careful not to get the metal too hot whilst in the process. This is often the demise of smooth steel panels as the blasing with, any media really, can warp the panels irreparably. Did you use a flint shot recycling miniblaster? That is what I'm thinking would work well. PPG does have a zinc chromate primer which might be worth looking into to apply as and undercoat before the DP50. Oh and be sure to cut your refinish material with the proper heat range specific reducers. Air movement (preferably fresh) is critical more so than heat during the curing process Good luck.

If you are doing the whole van, R+I the windows, rubbers, handles, lamps etc. It is not worth painting again when you go through the no touchee car wash and see all of your refinish material around the tape edges blow off and go down the drain. Enjoy.