Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:39:49 -0600
From:         Stephen Jones <Stephen.Jones@ANARK.COM>
Subject:      FS: '87 Westy 100K, $8000

Well, this weekend I bought a new truck and now I need to sell my '87 Westy GL. I'm sad to see her go, she's been a great camping companion, but I need to tow stuff, so she's got to go. I bought her 2 1/2 years ago in Arkansas with 76K on her and now she's up to 100K. I have all maintenance records for the last 25K, prior to that it's a mystery.

I live in Berthoud, CO, but I work in Boulder, so I can show her in either place.

Good stuff:

Dove Blue Metallic (or something like that) Power locks Power windows Automatic transmission A/C works All camping equipment works perfectly (Fridge, sink, stove) Window screens, mosquito netting, and front window blind, all in great shape. Both tables. Alloy wheels Tires in good shape, about 20K on them No rust Block Heater Extra removable captain's chair added by PO in the main compartment. Oscillating fan installed by PO Hitch attached to the tow hooks (pulled a 300 lb sailboat)

I've had no major mechanical problems in the last 2 years, minor repairs due to age:

Repacked CV joints New Front shocks New Front brakes New Accelerator Cable New pop-top window thingy New pop-top seals, all the way around Fixed stripped oil drain plug Minor wiring problems, fixed with new wiring harnesses other minor stuff, I can't remember right now

Bad stuff:

It has an aftermarket cruise control, but I never got it to work, of course I didn't try very hard either. The tachometer light is out, I'm trying to find a replacement ($2) and the accelerator pedal is a little wobbly ($30), again, I'm trying to find a replacement. Minor left head leak at 80K, Bars Leak stopped the problem (I know, some people hate bar's leak, but my temp gage always stays right at the LED and she has never overheated). Pop-top has minor tear in mosquito screen (covered when zipped up). Crack in the windshield.

That's all I can think of, I'd like to get $8000 for her. She's been taken good care of. If interested, please reply to this email or call:

(H) 970-532-7076 (W) 303-545-2592 (C) 720-635-6313

Thanks to the list for help over the past few years,

Stephen Jones '87 Westy Boulder, CO