Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:05:16 -0400
From:         karl <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: '87 Westy - need to buy engine
Comments: To: howard@AUR.ALCATEL.COM

I would replace the oil pressure control unit ( mounted inside the speedo) before replacing the engine. Unless of course the oil pressure above 2000 rpm has been checked hot and found to be low. I've seen quite a few of the control units act up like this. It would be sad to replace the engine, only to have the oil buzzer go off again! Oh, and forget GEX!

Karl

----- Original Message ----- From: Jeff Howard <howard@AUR.ALCATEL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 13, 1999 12:13 PM Subject: '87 Westy - need to buy engine