Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:52:13 -0400
From:         Kate McLaughlin <KateMacMac@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Stella's little games

Hi all, Well this weekend marked 2 months since I got Stella, my 86 Vanagon, back from the shop after her trans was rebuilt. As it always goes something usually happens every two months to her. At least she's consistent. Well as fate would deem I was driving south on the NJ Turnpike and right after I paid at the toll booth, I put her in first and then it started. She wanted to drive like an Indy car. Her RPM's went up to 4000 and she wanted to take off. I pushed in the cluch and she quieted down. Well I started her in 2nd, and the samething. When I arrived home on Monday, I dropped her off in a little shop in Edison, NJ. To make a long story short, the mechanic was baffled at first, but after they put Stella on the lift, they noticed that there were no bolts, screws, or whatever else should be used to hold the trans to the frame. Well Stella is fixed and driving well now. I was happy it was a minor fix, but I was ticked that it was something that shouldn't have happened. When I called the place the rebuilt the trans, they weren't there. I left a message, and haven't' heard back form them. Moral to this story, It's very bad to have some screws loose.

Peace, Love, and Granola Kat and Stella