Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Sep 1999 02:25:21 -0500
From:         Budd Premack <bpremack@WAVETECH.NET>
Subject:      MN VW CAMPOUT 9-25-99
Comments: To: Chuck Hill <hilltech@netins.net>,
          Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@pangea.ca>,
          Tristan Henderson <vwwesty1@hotmail.com>,
          Karl Hanson <Karl.Hanson@ieee.org>,
          Jim Fritz <Jfritz@decorah.k12.ia.us>
Comments: cc: Jack and Bev Gustaphson <jack@zanshinproductions.com>

Chuck, Jim, Karl, Marshall, and Tristan,

This is a special invitation to all of you (and to anyone else who might be interested) to attend Busses by the Ballpark 4 (The Fall Colors Run) on Saturday, September 25, 1999. It will be held at the public campground next to the municipal ballfield on the western edge of St. Joseph, MN. St. Joseph is located on MN Highway 75 about 7 miles west of St. Cloud (exits 158 or 160 from Interstate 94). I can give specific directions to the campground if you are coming.

This is an informal gathering of VWs of all types (type 1, type 2, etc). Last year there were about 30 vehicles in attendance, of which about half stayed for the campout.

We will meet at 10:00 a.m. and head out for a caravan, leaf watching, and have a picnic lunch. Afterwards, we will return to the campground for talk, dinner, and a campfire. Those wishing to camp out can do so in their vans or in tents. There are flush toilets available, but I am not sure if there are electical hookups. There is no charge for camping or any other activity.

The event is hosted by Jack and Bev Gustaphson of St. Cloud, MN, a very friendly couple. Besides me and my sons Ben and Dave, attendees whom you may know are Fred Garnes of Detroit Lakes, MN (our local LIMBO rep) and hopefully Vanagon Listee Karl Hanson of Prior Lake, MN.

This is a pleasant way to enjoy the company of other VWers and to get in a fall campout before the weather turns too cool. Please let me know if you can make it. If any of you want to caravan up on Saturday morning, that would be fine. If you want to call me, my home phone is (612) 922-6952.

Budd Premack 86 Syncro, 73 Super Minneapolis, MN (Land of Sky Blue Waters)