Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:57:03 -0400
From:         LAWS HOME <backintime@TRITON.NET>
Subject:      Test Drive

I took my '84 Vanagon out on it's first major (relative term) trip today! Thanks to all who have helped! I ran it downstate to a friends place to look at some of his.......yard ornaments. Six rabbits to be exact, Even got one of them to run! It had been sitting for 3 years in the barnyard! Well, anyways back to the subject. She ran great! Cruised along about what I thought was 60 , but I was kinda suspicious when everyone was passing me. So I checked it vs. the yardsticks , something isn't quite right. I had to run at a little over 67mph on the speedo to make it between the yardstickers in one minute? Whats up with that? I'm running 205 75r 14 Perreli's and I believe the door post says 185 something 14" I guess these are a little shorter or something. I was pleased with the way the 1.9l ran, smooooothe! I even beat a H***a off the line at a red light in Battle Creek! The van didn't heat up and never gave a bit of trouble down or back 200 mile round trip. I'll check her out in the a.m. when there is better light to see with. I need to get her ready for the "big trip" this coming Thurs. . I'm heading up over the bridge (Mackinac) for a few days of Grouse hunting in the Upper Penninsula. That will be about 500 miles each way so I'm trying to make sure everything is well first. This thing hasn't seen the road for 5 years so I'm a little leary! Thanks again to all who have helped me get her going! I hope I can repay sometime soon! Tom "84 Vanagon, '81 Rabbit diesel, '80 Rabbit diesel, '84 Ford dually (diesel) of course!