Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:45:02 -0700
From:         Steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM
Subject:      Re: Selling of 1986 Vanagon Synchro
Comments: To: "Eric Thomas Smith, M.D." <jehosfat@NEWORLD.NET>

On the syncro, it is imperative that all 4 tires be the same size or the viscous coupling gets overworked and ultimately fails. It also puts an undue stress on the entire drive train and will ruin the transaxle. i'm speaking from experience.

"Eric Thomas Smith, M.D." wrote: > > Gentlemen: > I'm a little confused as I thought this would be a WEB Site dedicated to the > resale of Vanagons but maybe it is just a clearing house via E-Mail for > their resale. At any rate Kyle Wade said that I should list my 1986 Synchro > Vanagon for sale here. I am the original owner and it has served me well > but it is time to sell. I am located in Northern California near Lake > Tahoe. It is in excellent condition. It is on its third motor at 200,000 > plus miles and just underwent a complete transmission overhaul. It is brown > and the body and interior is in excellent shape. with no external dings. > Just received new tires up front and the rear are in good shape. Let me > know what the conditions of resale are thru this site. Thank you. > > Eric T. Smith > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > >From: VW Master <vwmaster@volks-motorsports.com> > >To: "Eric T. Smith" <jehosfat@neworld.net> > >Subject: Re: Selling of 1986 Vanagon Synchro > >Date: Fri, Sep 17, 1999, 4:10 PM > -------------------------------------------------------------------- > >"Eric , > > Here's the link to the vanagon list, <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > > >Kyle Wade > >831-426-1431 > >www.Volks-Motorsports.com > >ICQ # 3882975 > > > >