Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:42:24 +1000
From:         Dom <dmoon@METZ.UNE.EDU.AU>
Subject:      Re: Error: Redline Gearoil properties

Sorry, I meant to say Pennzoil , penrite is a local company

----- Original Message ----- From: Dom To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 1999 1:21 PM Subject: Redline Gearoil properties

Hi

I have been reading on the list lately of the wonders of redline synthetic gearoil. I have visited the redline website and find that the Australian distributor is in Western Australia. Unfortunately, that is across one of the largest deserts in the world from where I live and I cannot find it locally. I was wondering if anyone could vouch for or suggest similar properties from any other oil manufacturers. Of the oils I know that I can get my hands on, other than petrol companies, both penrite and valvoline are over here and maybe others, I'm not sure.

from the Bently manual the specs are as follows

4sp hypoid API GL-4, MIL--L-2105, SAE 80W, 80W/90 5sp hypoid API GL-4, MIL--L-2105, SAE 80 or G50 synthetic oil

I have the 5speed and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on whether the difference with the 4sp above is significant.

Dominic

[text/html]