Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:15:48 -0400
From:         Scarlett Semko <damosem@MAIL.MCO.BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: A Vanagon of a Different Color
Comments: To: EMZ <vw4x4@fyi.net>

Eric,

Their just playing the "infamous" UPSALE program. Wanna have some fun, call them back and act like you've never called them before, and just ask them for a price on clearcoat. If ya like it call them back again and tell them you want the color, then the clear coat.

It's a shame that companies play that game, but that's all about the "bottom line" bull****. Look around, call alot of shops. Hopefully you'll find one that you'l hit it off with the mgr/owner and get a deal. Try my approach of doing the prep work yourself. Remember most of the cost in a paint job is the labor of the prep. Car is in the paint booth for a very short time.

Try getting a price from one shop and telling the next shop that you already have a price of $XXXX and your looking for a better bid. You could find one that is short on work, and will give you a deal. Try not to take it personal, remember it's "business". The shop you call this week may be loaded with work, but next week, may not have much. It's their job to make as much profit as possible, and your job to spend as least as possible.

Ron Semko Orlando, Florida