Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:41:42 EDT
From:         Todd Thompson <ThZouave@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW Australia v Busdepot (parts cost)

Truth is they may be getting it cheaper that you can get at the bus depot, and still marking it up. I have a cousin who owns an auto parts store. I use busdepot often, just for simplicity and to not over use the family. I recently had a bad experience with a shop who put in a tie rod for me (I'm lazy). In the process, they screwed up my rack and pinion--fluid ran from it like a river. After some heated arguments they agreed to fix it for parts cost only.

They charged me $280 Bus depot cost $250 My cousin quoted me $160

I am still mad about it. I am now facing having to buy a power staring pump after being run dry.

The shop was off of the Vanagon shops list.

They were

Auto Centro Inc. 7406 Westmore Road, Rockville, MD 20850

1.301.340.2444

I would like to see how I can add my review to the one on there. I actually have a list of complaints about them. This has happened recently and I have tried to cool down before I discussed it on the list. The point is that don't necessarily think that they are getting the parts for the same price you are. of course they will always quote you the dealer cost. I would prefer being charged a higher hourly rate and avoid the hidden charges.

Todd T 84 Westy Washington DC