Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:04:55 -0400
From:         Éric Giroux <giroux@HYDROMANTIS.COM>
Subject:      Re: '85 Haynes Manual
Comments: To: James Ruch <jpeterruch@HOTMAIL.COM>

Peter,

Here's the full story as found on the www.haynes.com:

Haynes Publications Inc. (USA) does not publish a manual for water-cooled Vanagons. They only have one for the air-cooled: 1029 - Vanagon all air-cooled models '80 thru '83

Haynes Publishing (England), however, does publish a manual that does cover our water-cooled Vanagons (called Transporters in the U.K.): 3452 - Volkswagen Transporter (82-90) Transporter Van & Pickup 1913 & 2109cc water cooled petrol engines '82 to '90

You can get the latter from www.busdepot.com, from www.amazon.co.uk, or directly from sales@haynes-manuals.co.uk. The busdepot route is likely the cheaper.

That's how I understand it.

Éric

At 09:32 99-09-23 PDT, James Ruch wrote: >Hi All > >I've come to understand that Haynes never published a manual that covers '85 >1.9L waterboxers. Some chat on the list has made we wonder if I'm not >mistaken. Is this manual available or, if not, is there a Haynes for later >models that I might find helpful. My Bentley sometimes assumes that I'm an >experienced VW mechanic. > >Thanks >J.Peter > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > >

Éric Giroux Aylmer (Québec), CANADA '84 Westy "La Surprise"