Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:43:21 -0700
From:         harald_nancy <harald_nancy@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Vanagon Survey - Friday (long)

Since it's almost Friday, another survey for you: Instant Survey for VW van owners: Add up the points for those answers you select.

How many years have you been driving VW buses or vanagons? 1 one to five years 5 points 2 five to ten years 10 points 3 fifteen or more years 15 points

Do you have a Bentley or Haynes workshop manual? 1 no, I don't have a manual 1 point 2 I have one manual 8 points 3 I have both manuals 18 points 4 I bought a manual, even though I'll never figure out how to use it. 12 points

What kind of maintenance do you personally perform on your VW van? 1 none, I always go to a mechanic 4 points 2 oil change, some maintenance 16 points 3 major repairs 21 points 4 not much, but I'd like to know more. 12 points

Why do you drive a VW van? 1 Because the dog likes it in the back 7 points 2 I like the German engineering 10 points 3 Always drove one and always will 18 points

If you see another VW van like yours in a parking lot, do you sometimes go and take a look? 1 No, don't want to intimidate 1 point 2 Yes, sometimes 9 points 3 Always, even talk to the owner 17 points

You win a new red convertible in a sweepstakes, what do you do? 1 keep it and sell the VW van subtract 29 points 2 sell the convertible and use the money for the engine conversion or to fix up the VW van 34 points 3 keep both, but mostly drive the van 12 points

Do you belong to a VW club or camping society? 1 no, but I do drive a VW van 2 points 2 yes, but not active 11 points 3 yes, I enjoy meeting other VW owners 22 points

Do you sometimes lay awake at night thinking about a problem with your VW van? 1 no, never it is just a car 1 point 2 I let the mechanic worry about that 5 points 3 sometimes 11 points 4 yes, normal part of my life 19 points

Do you own another car besides the VW bus, vanagon or eurovan? 1 no, it is my only vehicle 16 points 2 yes, for when the VW van is in the shop 8 points 3 I have 2 or more VW vans in running condition. 21 points

Add up your points and read below your personal VW bus, vanagon or eurovan profile. 0 - 17 points: You somehow ended up driving a VW van. And you find yourself enjoying it. But there might be other cars in your future.

17 - 82 points: The VW van is the mode of transportation for you. Sometimes you look at other cars, but as long as your VW van keeps running, you stick with it. The VW makes you happy, it is different, spacious and you got used to its idiosyncrasies.

82 -142 points: A true VW bus, vanagon, eurovan lover. You don't really want to drive anything else. This is your vehicle. You like everything about it. It makes you feel alive and free. The only time you should consider giving up the VW van is to purchase another one.

142 or more points You are a supremely devoted VW bus, vanagon, eurovan person. Volkswagen vans are in your blood. It is an obsession that gives you purpose and happiness. Don't bother fighting it, all the counseling in the world couldn't change it. Other VW van owners sense the special Aura around you and seek your company to bask in its glow. Happy Friday Harald Rust 90 westy