Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:04:15 -0400
From:         Éric Giroux <giroux@HYDROMANTIS.COM>
Subject:      Re: [DIESEL] Batteries

What are people's opinion on the OEM Autobahn batteries?

ÉG

At 08:42 99-09-24 -0400, Paul Kuehnel wrote: >I've had great luck with Interstate batteries. I had a Deka battery once >that said it was 8 years old on the label and I just replaced it cause it >looked real scary....frothing at the mouth and such. > >I tried the rejuvenator liquid once. I think it works to break down >sulfation(?) between the plates. I think the battery died shortly after that >though. >--paul > >----- Original Message ----- >From: Dominique Cormann <ml@kozmik.guelph.on.ca> >To: diesel list <diesel@vwfans.com> >Cc: Diesel onelist <Audi-VW-Diesels@onelist.com>; <VW-TDI@onelist.com>; >Vanagon Mailing List <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM>; mk1 list ><Mk1gti@onelist.com> >Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 7:53 AM >Subject: [DIESEL] Batteries > > >> I've been noticed that my battery has been getting weak. I'm going to >> bring it to my local crappy tire this weekend to have it load tested and >> if they can do it, test it with one of those acid hydro meter >> thing-a-majigs. >> >> Does anyone have any recommendations on what companies make good >> batteries up here? >> >> Canadatire sells its Motomaster batteries, which are Exide battery's. >> Sears has its diehard (which i've seen a few die...so um...not impressed >> so far). Interstate, I think I can get this at TSC (farm supply store). >> I've heard Optima batteries are great (really long warrenties, and are >> gelled for longetivity, and to prevent spillage and boilover, but $$$). >> Can we buy Optima's in canada? >> >> Thanks for the help guys. >> >> Oh I've also heard of places that 'recondition' batteries. Worth it? Any >> experiences? >> >> There are also little bottles of 'battery rejuventor' (sp) that you can >> buy, which are I assume just acid that you add to your battery after >> some as evapourated over time. Doesn't make sense in my head since if >> you have been properly topping up your battery with distilled water to >> maintain it, this wouldn't help you. Anyone understand/have experience >> with these wonders in a bottle? >> -- >> ============================================================--------- >> Dominique Cormann Homepage: http://kozmik.guelph.on.ca >> >> 84 Rabbit D - daily driver >> 84 Rabbit GTD - work'in on it Email:dcormann@kozmik.guelph.on.ca > >