Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:17:12 -0700
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Strange Place For Orange Crusty Stuff?

We've all had our share of tell tale signs of coolant leaks over the years, but I need help with this one.

I have what appears to be orange coolant leaking from a small indentation in the shape of a recessed "D" inbetween the #2 spark plug and the valve cover and it appears to be trickling down the vc gasket surface via gravity. I can see no coolant lines anywhere near here, so is this a micro crack in the head or is something else the matter? I appreciate all my friends on this list and their expert( I meant veteran) opinions. I've been topping off the overflow tank some lately and can find few other areas where the coolant could be going. Will check the area again for new crusty stuff in a day or two. Engine hasn't overheated or anything. What's up with this? Put Boston Bob rebuilt heads on it at 109k and I see no leakage at the black gasket on either side.

Diimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel 90 GL 138k

[text/html]