Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:58:53 +1000
From:         Ray Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: VW Australia v Busdepot
Comments: To: VolksMD@AOL.COM

Chris.

Join the Club we also hate whiners down here.

BUT I think you have missed the point. We are not talking about the 9% mark up you espouse. Its more like 900% ( OK I am drawing a l.ong bow here.) The plain fact of the matter is the Parts and Service Departments over here are sublet to individuals and various trading companies. The VW Dealer often has no control over the situation. This places an unfair advantage with these dealer spare parts outlets. I am not sure if it is legal under our Fair Trading Leglislation. I believe that most Governments tend to put it into the Too Hard Basket and simply ignore it. There have been token inquiries over the years re the price of spare parts ( not only VW but all Imported Vehicle Parts ) and the old chestnut of " Oh they have to come from overseas therefore the Cost " is always taken out, dusted off and put up. The majority of Aussie's are getting a little fed up with the bull crap dished up.

I guess what Dom was saying is exactly this, If you mistake that for whining then so be it. I prefer to believe that Dom and the rest of us are gust getting mad as hell and they better get their act together before we do it for them.

By the way we also have suppliers ( Not Dealer Affilitated ) who offer cheaper parts that the original. Unfortunately their buying power is limited and then cannot obtain the discounts that Ron, Ken or Kyle can arrange. These guys do their best and we support them to the hilt BUT our prices are still much higher that yours of course due to higher turnover and greater market power. We are not whinging that is your good fortune and our bad luck. So bear with us, humour us, but please dont think of us a whingers sorry whiners.

Ray Hunnam

-----Original Message----- From: (Christopher j. Pierce) <VolksMD@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Sunday, September 26, 1999 3:41 Subject: Re: VW Australia v Busdepot