Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:15:33 -0700
From:         Roger Bowman <bowmanrp@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday Vanagon Verse!
Comments: To: Bob Gourley <spruce@harborside.com>

Gee, I dont recall saying I was going any particular speed at all, although I sure would like to have seen your original reply to the gentlemen who did mention he was going along at 50 mph passing all in the slow lane. I would have been more clear with my post.

Once you get around the fact that I never said I was going 50 mph, the rest of your post appears to be more personal attack then I was prepared for in describing my experience.

I sure admit to at least an excess of pride in following too close; I certainly did not think a Bronco was going to spin out and stop in the very middle of the road on my very front bumper. That was indeed a mistake, and I did learn a valuable lesson from the experience. I hope this point was not lost on the list. On the other hand, I cannot conceive of the thought process that would lend itself to spinning a bus. Guess the "slow down" advice has a noble origin; guess we are even.

Since the rest of your post seems like good advice for all, I will not take too much time to mention how many hundreds of thousands of miles I have driven without accident, or any of the other hazardous, everyday activities that I engage in, without (thank God) serious injury - despite not having anyone to think for me - except myself. But thanks for the offer.

If you have anything to add to your first reply, especially if it seems even the slightest bit personal, I would appreciate you addressing the message to me off list. I will do the same.

Roger Bowman - bowmanrp@ earthlink.net Read the post. It says what is says. Nothing else.

---------- >From: "Bob Gourley" <spruce@harborside.com> >To: "Roger Bowman" <bowmanrp@earthlink.net>, <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> >Subject: Re: Re: Friday Vanagon Verse! >Date: Mon, Sep 27, 1999, 11:47 AM >