Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:10:14 +1000
From:         Dom <dmoon@METZ.UNE.EDU.AU>
Subject:      time

nothing beats time maybe not even time itself thats if you subscribe to the theory of time being relative to an expanding universe that will eventually slow and contract

As for me, Its time to go :-(. I have owned VW's all my life. My first VW was a 1970 microbus, given to me by my father who purchased it new. I am now however married and at 30 years of age, the thought of starting our next generation, our contribution to the shape of the future world, is coming by to see us more often. Thus we want to own something a bit different (VW's are normal to us) while we are still kiddyless. We are buying a 1991 Saab.

I was taking all this rather well untill tonight. I can see our transporter in her carport blisfully unaware, as we are, of the fate that awaits her tomorrow and I am sad :-(. I am surprised as I thought myself awfully young to be a sentimentalist. After three years of totally reliable driving, she has a transmission jumping out of second and what I suspect is the start of a long battle with "the leak". I might also add that I have never been let down by any Volkswagen. They tend to break slowly with heaps of warning so I have always known where I stood with my cars

And so I am performing the last ritual of unsubscribing from this gracious list. A gathering of sincere and warm individuals on a scale truly rare. The VW road culture is truly unique in the car world and I am fortunate to have found it so young in my motoring life. So I dare say I will be wandering out into the world of a new list shortly, battling with the quirks and queries of a new genre and when it comes down to it, reengaged in my constant negotiation with time.

Good luck Gerrys and perhaps more importantly happy motoring.

Dom