Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:28:35 -0600
From:         Jeff Nelson <ramjeff@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      2.1L running with hole in case

Hi volks,

Wish my first post was on a happier topic, but alas, my trusted 2.1 just tossed the #3 cylinder right through the case this afternoon. I was a little worried when my wife said "the parts that fell off are in the plastic bag" but I was thinking it was just a coolant tank or something. But no. It does still turn over and even ran for a second. (I cranked the starter with the trans in reverse to move it 2 feet in order to get the nose off the road). So, does anyone have a 2.1 for sale? I've contacted some list vendors already, but I'd like to also investigate the used market. Also, is this core worth anything, for heads, etc? I have learned so much from this list, it is truly amazing. Thanks to all who make it go. For the record, I have an 86 GL syncro. I have been running without the driveshaft all summer since my VC binds when hot in tight turns. Then 1 month ago my right front outer CV joint race disintegrated, so I have been running 1 month without right front axle (parts are on order). This time I think I'm stuck.

Jeff Nelson Nugget Hill, CO 86 GL syncro