Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:22:15 -0600
From:         Larry Hamm <ldhamm@XMISSION.COM>
Subject:      Re: PVC grey water tanks...
Comments: To: Bulley <gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM>

Bulley wrote: > > When camping, I don't like the hassle of attaching a hose and 5-gallon > bladder to our sink drain

G.M.,

We all enjoyed hearing from the fabled distaff side of your family.

I just finished installing a grey water tank in the '82 Westy. It was a salvaged water tank from an earlier Westy 'loaf, holds around 25 liters. I hung it in the spare tire position after removing all the unused hardware there. Plumbed it up to the sink drain and added a vent line and a valve to the regular drain hose. With the valve off, the grey water detours to the tank. Opening the valve allows the tank to drain. I used .75" ID hose, so no large solids are allowed down the drain. This isn't as elegant as what you've envisioned, but it was cheap and easy, and it's REAL WESTY equipment! Have you perused the offerings at a large RV store? They usually have a variety of tanks that might be suitable.

Larry '82 Jetta/Westy, (soon to be Jet/Syn/Westy, with the addition of Syncro suspension; anyone have a diesel Syncro fuel tank lying around?)

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Park City, Utah, major venue of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games!