Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:22:48 -0400
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <tcarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      State of the Gerry (list server hardware)

Gerry was down for an extended period only while being shipped from Canada to the US back in late July/ 1st week of August.

I upped the RAM from 64M to 128M, and he has behaved much better. I had promised the RAM to Ron over a year earlier, when Gerry was still in the SF area. (I never got around to sending it out...so Gerry came to it!) I also pre-emptively reboot the server every weekend to head off the inevitable snafu. Future plans will be an upgrade of the CPU's and the addition of a tape drive. Neither of those will cost the list a dime, since I already have the parts.