Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:43:34 -0700
From:         Debi Webi <mtngal@SIERRATEL.COM>
Subject:      Attention WEB creative minds: Where you all from?
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

How about a ((java script??)) site on a Vendor/Vanagon page that allows us to add a numbered PIN to a MAP and then scroll down the list to see who's name is in that area... I know (Debi has) big ideas and no web creative talent to produce such a site... But you have to admit, it was a kewl thought.

Debi Webi

----- Original Message ----- From: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 10:11 PM Subject: Resend of letter re: Where youall from?

: Did anyone receive this note? I didn't, and no one's offered any feedback : on it, so I suspect my computer ate it. : : Thanks, : : Karl : : "I was kinda thinking of a central registry sort of thing, maybe traveler's : assistance. This was spur of the moment and not really thought out at all. : : Ron's original suggestion was that we simply add our location when we sign : posts. I added the thought that it would be useful at times to know where : other members are located so we could pester each other, or perhaps use a : driveway as a sleepover. : : I believe that what is needed to make something like this work is to have : someone willing to tabulate the results and then post them in a permanent : location, sorta like the photo page. I'd be willing to keep track of the : results, although I don't speak HTML, and don't really know if HTML is : needed for this chore. : : If there is any interest in this, we should probably jointly decide what we : would like to have posted about ourselves, and those things we'd just as : rather not let anyone know (Name, phone, address, city, state, region, hours : to call or not call, vehicle, field of VW knowledge, etc.) : : Please note that I will not be offended in the least if no one wants to get : involved in this project. I don know that I drove 8000 miles this last : summer and probable passed awfully close to several members, and would have : gladly bought a cup of coffee for anyone interested in yakking for a bit. : : Karl Wolz" :