Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:25:42 -0400
From:         Jesse Falsone <falsonej@NICHOLS.COM>
Subject:      FS - 83 Air Cooled Vanagon

I'm selling my 1983 Vanagon L (air cooled, 7 pass). I've owned it for 6 years and its been a trusty second vehicle used mainly for weekend driving. As much as I love the Vanagon, I can't keep three cars in the family anymore. Here are the details:

1983 Vanagon, 2.0l air cooled. Mileage is around 130-135K (odometer broke a few years back), white with brown interior. Van spent its first 10 years in Florida and most of the rest in Maryland. Very little rust (some on the seams). Paint is poor but there's no major body damage. I took good care of the van mechanically, but I wasn't worried about keeping it clean. I have most of the maint. receipts. I also did much of the work myself thanks to this list! The van has an aftermarket exhaust, so no catalytic converter (yes, emissions can be tough but I've passed 3 times). I change the oil myself so I use synthetic to extend the service interval. I'm asking $1800, but I'm negotiable.

Here's a partial breakdown of the major work that's been done since I've owned it:

1994 - Engine rebuild at about 98K miles. Work done by a great shop in NY. New rings on all cylinders One new head, One rebuilt head New engine mounts (all) Crankshaft and Camshaft turned and polished New seals and gaskets New heater boxes Other stuff from 1994 - new starter & battery

1995 – New Brakes (new German rotors and drums, pads and shoes). Lots of other stuff done with the brakes - I have the receipt at home.

1996 - new clutch master cylinder, new windshield.

1997 - new fuel pump (old one is fine), new fuel pressure regulator, new fuel lines, rebuilt drive shafts and CVs,

1998 - new shocks (KYB)

1999 - $600 worth of transmission work, rebuilt air flow meter (have to install this weekend)

Other stuff: Three of the tires are older Mich's and one is a newer Dunlop (all are 215/70s). I have halogen head lights and spare bulbs. I have a bunch of spare parts lying around. I have a decent stereo. The driver's seat was replaced with a "sport seat" I got out of a wreck. Its more comfortable than the stock seat. I also have some Tule roof racks and the VW repair manual. The van has AC, but I disconnected the compressor years ago.

Contact me for further details. Van is located in Annapolis MD.

Jesse Falsone office (703) 413-9200 x4323 home (410) 280-1452