Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:02:50 -0700
From:         Mike Miller <mwm@LANSET.COM>
Subject:      Auxiliary Battery

What I am trying to do is find out how to wire up an auxiliary battery that I installed under the drivers seat.

According to some information I downloaded [I thought from this site but of course being terminally ignorant on site stuff, I'm not sure] the well under the drivers seat was meant for an auxiliary battery. And it did have the relay in it as described. And unplugging the red wires from the relay and hooking them up to the aux battery did run the frig and the water pump.

But I use [or would use if I could get it work off the aux battery] the big lights in the back alot and would like it to be run off this battery as well. The instructions indicated that this was what would happen and somehow it didn't.

So I must have done something incorrectly or the aux battery gods are irritated with me, and I'd like to correct my error and get back in their good graces.

Mike Miller Sacramento, CA