Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:14:16 -0700
From:         Steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM
Subject:      Re: A misunderstanding perhaps?

Now Al seems willing to give it a shot, too. We have some movement here. Better go put my robe on to convince these guys i'm for real and that it's worth the effort! Kidding aside, this makes lots of sense for both sides. They would pay thousands in attorney fees if this were to go to court. Attorney fees generally are not recoverable even if you win unless provided by statute or contract. steve

Steve@Schwenk-Law.com wrote: > > Hey Al...Detlev is willing to sit down and try to work > this out...I just got his committment 10 minutes ago > and sent you an e-mail asking if you would like to > pursue this as well. let me know. > steve > > Al Knoll wrote: > > > > Item Subject: cc:Mail Text > > > > Volks, > > > > I take a bit of exception to the notion that I consider any of my > > remarks accusatory without justification. I have carefully reviewed > > my letter and found neither "blatant" nor "rip-off" in the content. > > > > The Vanagon Projekt has personal property of mine that I would like > > returned to me. Mr. Hanschke has refused to either answer my emails, > > faxes or telephone calls regarding the location of the personal > > property. I have had to work exclusively through his former partner, > > Mr. Peter Lotz, an honorable and successful business owner in > > Livermore,CA. At this point I have no choice but to take appropriate > > action to secure the return of these items in serviceable condidition > > so I may replace the broken 5cyl AUDI currently installed in my syncro > > with the formerly reliable 2.1l VW. > > > > I cannot personally recommend the services of the Vanagon Projekt to > > any list members. > > > > Comments by private mail, or questions regarding my experiences in the > > engine conversion by Vanagon Projekt, a division of TCCH will be > > entertained off-list. > > > > Regards, > > > > Al (and Bessie, the not so happy camper)