Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:32:37 -0400
From:         ncdragonfly <ncdragonfly@COMPUSERVE.COM>
Subject:      TBD sliding door screen

We just got back from the outer banks so I have missed some of this discussion. By the way, the flooding in Eastern NC is very bad, 10,000 plus homes destroyed, over 100 human lives lost, a couple hundred thousand animal lives lost, crops lost, very bad, very depressing and an oppressive odor mix of raw sewage, rotting flesh and diesel fuel. We are sending donations and volunteering at the food bank, toothbrushes are needed FYI.

But I digress, I installed one of TBD aquired sliding door screens this summer and installed it on our 82 westfalia, yes there is some fudge factor in fitting the screen at the forward side, I posted a full description of

my handling of the situation in June or July I believe. Try the vanagon archives or send me pmail and I will try to dig through my old backups and see if I saved it. The screen does an excellant job of keeping post hurricane flood mosquito swarms from getting in the bus at night. Good luck, David Higginbotham 82 Westfalia Raleigh, NC